New SURFER BLOOD album! NYC & Brooklyn Shows Tonight/Tomorrow, U.S. Tour Dates, new video etc.

Subject: New SURFER BLOOD album! NYC & Brooklyn Shows Tonight/Tomorrow, U.S. Tour Dates, new video etc.
Date: May 11th 2015

1000 Palms Out This Week!

Order now:
US: LP / CD from Joyful Noise  /  LP / CD from Amazon
UK/Europe: LP / CD
Australia: CD
Japan: CD
Brazil: coming soon
iTunes

Brooklyn and NYC Shows Tonight and Tomorrow and Upcoming U.S. Tour Dates

We're playing at Music Hall of Williamsburg in BROOKLYN tonight.

Tomorrow we will be hosting a benefit concert for Thomas Fekete Tuesday, May 12 at The Bowery Ballroom in NYC. Thom has been playing guitar in Surfer Blood for nearly 6 years and is currently in treatment for cancer. Friends & performers include Andy Boay (of Tonstartssbandht), Julianna BarwickThe Pains of Being Pure at Heart, DJ Allen Blickle (of ALPACA), CultsPOP ETCMarnie Stern & The Figs, We Are Scientists & Surfer Blood. Tickets available here.

Tour Dates:
May 11 - Music Hall of Williamsburg - Brooklyn, NY #
May 12 - Bowery Ballroom - New York, NY @
May 14 - Boot & Saddle - Philadelphia, PA #
May 15 - The Saint - Asbury Park, NJ #
May 16 - Lizard Lounge - Lancaster, PA #
May 18 - Musica - Akron, OH
May 19 - Joyful Noise Recordings - Indianapolis, IN
May 20 - The Loft Lansing - Lansing, MI %
May 21 - The Blind Pig - Ann Arbor, MI %
May 22 - Lincoln Hall - Chicago, IL %
May 23 - Cactus Club - Milwaukee, WI %
May 24 - The Frequency - Madison, WI %
May 26 - 7th Street Entry - Minneapolis, MN %
May 27 - The Riot Room - Kansas City, MO %
May 28 - Firebird - St Louis, MO %
May 29 - Fountain Square - Cincinnati, OH
May 30 - EXIT/IN - Nashville, TN %
June 8 - The Chapel - San Francisco, CA % &
June 10 - Mississippi Studios - Portland, OR %
June 11 - Crocodile Cafe - Seattle, WA %
June 12 - The Venue - Vancouver, Canada %
June 13 - The Bartlett - Spokane, WA %
June 15 - Velour Live Music Gallery - Provo, UT
June 16 - Lost Lake Lounge - Denver, CO %
June 19 - Troubadour - Los Angeles, CA % &
June 20 - The Irenic - San Diego, CA % &
June 25 - Jack Rabbits - Jacksonville, FL
June 26 - Fountain Plaza at NC Music Factory - Charlotte, NC
June 27 - Georgia Theatre - Athens, GA
July 11 - Seventh Son Brewing Company - Columbus, OH ^

# with Turbo Fruits
@ with Andy BoayJulianna Barwick
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, DJ Allen Blickle, CultsPOP ETCMarnie Stern, & We Are Scientists
% with Alex Calder
& with Gothic Tropic
^ with Jacco Gardner

Salon.com Interview with JP

(photo by Erik Graham)

"[For "1,000 Palms"], we wrote 10 songs in two weeks, and there was that excitement of moving really fast. We had a New Year’s show in Portland, and we’d just heard the news that we were dropped from Warner Brothers. While kind of relieving, it was also like, “We don’t have a record label for the first time in five years. What are we going to do?” There was a lot of uncertainty around that time, but it was also like a new beginning for us. We rented a practice space in Portland and basically stayed in town for three weeks after our show, playing shows in the Northwest to pay for the space. From nine in the morning until nine at night, we locked ourselves in there and wrote and wrote. When we recorded these songs, there was this excitement of recording something for the first time instead of demoing and demoing and going into the studio."

Read the complete Salon.com interview with JP here.

New Video for "I Can't Explain"

In case you missed it, here's our brand new video for "I Can't Explain" from 1000 Palms, directed by Ates Isildak of StrangeWave Productions and The Band in Heaven!

<< Previous: Preview our new album on NPR, Surfer Blood tour, new video, Benefit Concert for Thomas in NYC

| Archive Index |

Next: New Video for "Island", KEXP Live Session This Thursday, Tour Dates, Order New Album 1000 Palms >>

(archive rss , atom rss/atom )

this list's archives:

Updates about Surfer Blood music, shows, and other relevant riff-raff.
Subscribe to Surfer Blood Mailing List

* Required