New Video, January West Coast Tour, Live Yahoo Concert, Thom Update & New Album

Subject: New Video, January West Coast Tour, Live Yahoo Concert, Thom Update & New Album
Date: January 6th 2016

New Video for "Point Of No Return" from 1000 Palms

We have a brand new video for "Point Of No Return" from 1000 Palms. Watch it on YouTube here.....and please subscribe to our YouTube channel, we have another new video coming soon!

Yahoo Live Concert Video Streaming January 7 at 10pm Mountain Time

We're playing at Crescent Ballroom in Phoenix on Thursday, January 7, but if you can't make the show, Yahoo Music is streaming it live here at 10pm Mountain Time, and it will also be available to watch later.

January U.S. West Coast Tour Dates

1/6 - El Paso, TX @ Lowbrow Palace
1/7 - Phoenix, AZ @ Crescent Ballroom *
1/8 - Los Angeles, CA @ KCRW Presents at Teragram Ballroom *
1/9 - Cayucos, CA @ Cayucos Vets Hall, CA  *
1/10 - Santa Ana, CA @ Constellation Room *
1/12 - Santa Barbara, CA @ Soho *
1/13 - Santa Cruz, CA @ KZSC at The Catalyst *
1/14 - Visalia, CA @ The Cellar Door *
1/15 - Pioneertown, CA @ KCRW Presents at Pappy & Harriet’s *
1/16 - Flagstaff, AZ @ Green Room *
1/17 - Santa Fe, NM @ Skylight
1/19 - Oklahoma City, OK @ 89th Street Collective ^
1/20 - Dallas, TX @ Club Dada %
1/22 - Mobile, AL @ The Merry Widow #
1/23 - Gaineville, FL @ The Wooly

with our new friends:
* with Cayucas
^ with Junebug Spade, Wallclouds
% with Sealion
# with Dommel Mosel, Cosmonaut On Vacation
& with Loyal Revival, Endless Pools

New Album Burner from Thom Fekete on Vinyl/Digital

While undergoing treatment for cancer this summer, Thom made an amazing home-recorded album, Burner, which is now available from Joyful Noise Recordings on vinyl / digital. The vinyl will ship in February.

Here is a message from Thom about Burner:

Sometime between March and June of 2015 while healing from two surgeries and starting chemotherapy, I hunched over my four track and created this disaster. No multiple takes, no expensive mics, no outside direction…just me in my bedroom with a very cheap, bare bones setup.

Some of these songs reflect on good times, days I'm able to walk on my own, talk, and function like a somewhat normal human being. Others remind me of barfing between vocal takes, wheel chairs, dilaudid withdrawals, and tears, from my family, my spouse, my dear friends. However, like everything in my life, I did manage to find some humor in my situation, and I hope that helps level out all the heavy stuff.

Love you, be happy pls,
Thom

Thanks to all fans, friends, family, and everyone who has donated to help Thomas with his cancer treatment so far. Thom has had multiple surgeries and almost a year of chemotherapy, and will start chemotherapy again in January after he regains his strength. Due to the nature of his rare form of cancer and the treatment that is needed, costs are increasing and funding is needed for support to give Thom a fighting chance. Every little bit counts, and you can donate to Thom's GoFundMe here.

Buy New Album 1000 Palms

CD / LP
iTunes
Amazon
Spotify

Surfer Blood Links:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
SurferBlood.com

<< Previous: January US Tour + Thomas Update

| Archive Index |

Next: New Video, January Tour, Live Yahoo Concert, Thomas News >>

(archive rss , atom rss/atom )

this list's archives:

Updates about Surfer Blood music, shows, and other relevant riff-raff.
Subscribe to Surfer Blood Mailing List

* Required